For a while now, I've been having trouble with my shared hosting and the wordpres instance I was using. I hadn't realised how limited the resources of a shared hosting set up are. It used to work just fine and then my blog started going down regularly. After a lengthy conversation with the support team, and no resolution, I decided to move to a static page based blog. Of the many options, I decided on Pelican. It's really easy to set up and of course the site is now super quick to load.
I've just imported all my wordpress data and a lot of work still needs to be done to correct my previous posts - broken links and missing images for example. I'll do it over time. I've also combined my research and normal blogs now to use Pelican's category feature.
Guess this calls for yet another "Hello World!"