I intend to take a ROS RPM packaging session at the upcoming FUDCon at Beijing in May. With that in mind, I'd like to take a couple of workshops to help interested parties learn the tools before the final hack session, so that we can get some actual work done at the event. A workshop a week should be fine:
- Week #1: Introduction to ROS - what is ROS, why it'll be good to package it up for Fedora
- Week #2: Introduction to RPM packaging - a basic introduction where we'll walk through the hello world package
- Week #3: Introduction to SCL and ROS packaging
- Week #4: Q&A session
The FUDCon is still 7 weeks away. That gives us enough time.
Please forward this announcement to the regional mailing lists, and anyone interested in the topics, especially people that plan to attend the FUDCon and contribute to Fedora as package maintainers.
If you'd like to attend the sessions, please fill in the whenisgood event organizer before Sunday, April 13. We will begin next week.
- Please create an FAS account. The "Join the package maintainers wiki page" tells you how.
- Please learn how to use the IRC: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_use_IRC
- Nothing else!