As a lot of you would remember, HAL was dropped in favour of udev in Fedora 13. (More info here). I own a "UC-LOGIC Tablet WP5540U" which I had successfully configured on Fedora 12 using HAL. Since I upgraded, and the HAL configuration worked no more, a new configuration was needed. For those still on Fedora 12, you can refer to this awesome post to get your tablet working.
My post will describe the changes needed for Fedora 13.
Using wizardpen to get your tablet working on Fedora 13
- Please check the project page to see if your tablet is supported
- Download the rpm here (you can also download the srpm and rebuild it). I had added this patch to the SRPM that enables it to build correctly with xorg-1.7. ( I haven't updated this in a while, maybe when I get more time)
Doing the work:
- As root, install the package using
- Connect the tablet and run the following command to determine the name of the tablet
- We look for the event associated with the tablet
- Calibrate the tablet using:
- You now need to add a configuration file for Xorg for the tablet. You can refer to the Fedora Documentation on this. This is what my wizardpen.conf looks like: