NeuroFedora update: week 47
In week 47:
- python-dipy was included and is in testing.
- pygiftiio was included and is in testing.
- python-pybids went stable and is now in testing
- python-pyphi was included and is in testing.
- python-efel was included and is in testing.
- python-pymatreader was included and is in testing.
- python-mne was included and is in testing.
- fsleyes went stable and is now ready for use.
- NEST has now been built with libneurosim support and is in testing.
- python-pyemd went stable and is now ready for use
- Brian went stable and is now ready for use
Quite a few Fedora community members have helped us out again this week. lbazan, blackfile, and mhough have all joined the core team too. In another news:
- upstream clarified how libneurosim was to be used with NEST. We can now work on PyNN so that it can at least be used with NEST and Brian.
- NEST has been tweaked to support 32 bit hardware again.
- NEURON has been updated to use a more recent version of SUNDIALS. Once this has been merged into the main codebase, we can proceed with packaging NEURON too.
- We've set up a Telegram group for NeuroFedora here: https://t.me/NeuroFedora We'll bridge this to the IRC channel in the near future. These channels can be used to get in touch with the team for troubleshooting and so on.
There is a lot of software available in NeuroFedora already. You can see the complete list here on Fedora SCM. Software that is currently being worked on is listed on our Pagure project instance. If you use software that is not on our list, please suggest it to us using the suggestion form.
Feedback is always welcome. You can get in touch with us here.