You must've read somewhere or the other that Fedora 25 Beta was released a few days ago. I went ahead and upgraded both my systems last evening using
dnf system-upgrade. Complete instructions on how you can upgrade using
dnf too are on this wiki page. One's my laptop, and the other is my workstation in the lab at university. Both upgrades went off almost without a hitch. I had a minor issue with a
python-mpd package that was solved easily enough by removing the package for the upgrade and reinstalling it after. I filed a bug here anyway. Seems to be a simple packaging fix.
Fedora 25 works quite well. I haven't had any weird issues just yet. My workstation at university has an Intel graphics card
lspci | grep -i graphics 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
Not surprisingly, Wayland works quite well on it. I went ahead and participated in the Wayland test day from this one already.
My laptop, on the other hand, has a hybrid Nvidia card, though, and runs on nouveau. It didn't handle Wayland too well but it's a WIP. I've had to switch back to X in the meantime:
lspci | grep -i vga 00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 18) 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GT218M [GeForce 310M] (rev ff)
A couple of issues with Wayland seem to be known already and are being worked on as I write. So, please do check the bugs folks have filed in the test day matrix and the Wayland tracker bug before you file any new ones. The ones I ran into are below. Most of them are known already:
- Thumbnail "border" seems misaligned in activities overview - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384616
- Dragging application from dash to new workspace does not open app window in new workspace - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384534
- Opening a new gnome-software window creates a new entry without a proper icon - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384537
- Places dropdown search does not function if Gnome Weather is open on secondary monitor - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384569
- Places dropdown search does not function if Gnome Clocks is open on secondary monitor - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384572
- Screenshot does not appear to capture the secondary monitor in my dual monitor setup: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384539
- Screenshot of Gnome Maps does not show the map part at all - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384560
- Removing an application does not bring back the "install" icon immediately in Gnome Software - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384546
- Printing directions using Gnome Maps do not show the marked path - https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1384551
Adam's written up a detailed report of the test day here . Please check it out for more information on bugs and the status of Wayland.
Of course, even though the test day is over, you can still upgrade to Fedora 25 and test out Wayland!!